We hope that you find our website useful and informative. We also hope it will encourage and motivate you to get prepared. We want West Seattle to be the most prepared neighborhood in the city! Check out our Other Communities page; you’ll see we have some good competition…so we need some help to achieve that!
If you have some extra time, energy or money, here are a few additional things you can do to help us achieve that goal:
- After getting your own household prepared, help friends, family and neighbors get prepared.
- Give useful preparedness-related gifts.
- Help establish additional neighborhood hubs! Or, volunteer to help with an existing one!
- Help communicate this information to those in our community without internet access.
- Donate or help gather items for your neighborhood’s emergency preparedness “Go Kits”.
- Build your skills! See the Training & Education page for details.
- Interested in emergency radio communications? See our Other Communication Sources page!
- Sign up with the Public Health Reserve Corps, especially if you have medical expertise or other specialized knowledge and skills.
- In a disaster, please come to one of the West Seattle Emergency Communication Hubs if you can help!
If you have additional suggestions for this list, or would like to help, please contact us!